Sunday 23 November 2008

SKETCHING ANIMALS AT THE ZOO



I like animals and I enjoy drawing them. This is taken from my sketchbook from when I went to the zoo with my little girl. I drew these pictures quickly because it was cold when we went and drawing quickly draws your mind from the chill and warms you up. I also drew them quickly because I had to keep one eye on my daughter to make sure she didn't try and get in with the monkeys again.

I don't like her going in with the animals unless I'm supervising.

3 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

So many nice drawings here - and I really love these sketches! For one thing, drawing 'in the elements' is not easy - I've tried, and my stuff doesn't seem to come out as well as this.

Paige Keiser said...

p.s. is there any way to comment on your other blog, Leighton? Or maybe you closed comments on that one. I do that sometimes.

Leighton Noyes said...

Thank you Paige, you're always very kind. You should see, or rather you shouldn't, the zoo drawings that didn't make it as far as this blog...

I closed comments on my children's book blog as I'm mildly embarassed that nobody commented on any of the drawings when they had the chance. I've never been very popular but I don't need it rubbing in!